Well, it’s a month out and a good time to pay credit where credit is due. The question is how do you train for 20 weeks straight and throw down a 2:54:33 marathon at 181 pounds on your first marathon completely uninjured all while maintaining strong morale?
1. You get yourself a hyperactive lab from Texas and then get him an Oregon brother that is equally as hyperactive. I personally trained with these two boys running 12+ miles on many occasions, and they STILL wanted to go to the dog park shortly after. You then use them to scare off the mountain lions on dark back roads on 5 AM runs #goodboys
2. You pick yourself up a copy of #runningrewired aka the greatest of all time running literature this world has ever been graced by. You then read it cover to cover within a week and follow the workouts. Thank you @jaydicharry#goat
3. You then read Advanced Marathoning cover to cover and pick the running program that works for you. #petepfitzinger
4. Consistently train with those who are on another level of fitness. You surround yourself with those that are far better and faster than you likely will ever become. You listen and soak up as much wisdom as you can from those who have had success time and time again. Thank you @hoovedlocust#boston2020
5. You remember all the elite running legends from Armadillo Dash half marathon 2011 in College Station, Texas. #goders#skiesoutthighsout
6. You find your running partner for life that will always believe in you and tell you that you will succeed. Love you more @tinybearsevilla#corpuscrusty
• • • • •
Is Lebron’s legacy in question? Maybe it’s just a matter of perspective... a few weeks back in an interview Lebron stated that his comeback championship feat against the Warriors locked him in as the G.O.A.T.. So his move to Los Angeles in free agency is only adding another jewel to his crown, in his eyes.
But, for everyone not named Lebron, what else supports his campaign as the G.O.A.T.? For most, 8 consecutive NBA Finals (9 total with 3 different teams), amongst all of his chart topping stats, Championship & MVP titles (not to mention dominance on and off the court ) spells G.O.A.T. through and through. For some, however, it’s just not enough to surpass Jordan...
But our main concern at @theraypattshowwsully is, does his move to Los Angeles put his legacy in question? What can he do at Los Angeles to help his legacy as one of the greatest NBA players of all time? What can he do to hurt it? .
Sidenote: Is Jordan really the reigning G.O.A.T.? We’re seeing some basketball historians and analysts throwing Wilt, Kareem, and Bill Russell into the argument... 🏀🐐👑 .
You know what to do. #speakyourmind 🎙 -Hightower .
I saw this post today and had to repost it myself.Humbled by his transparency and honesty. We had the honor of meeting him and his wife at fight night in Arizona. As a mother I was so happy for my son to meet somebody who I felt was a true role model in every way! A great man, father and athlete❤️ you often hear people say where did all the leaders and heros go... I think there are so many everywhere in many walks of life! But Michael Phelps indeed is a true special angel! #healing#honesty#goat#fightnight#hero
#taiwan randomness. I’m always taking too many photos while out and holding up friends too often haha. A few of the recent snaps here, #flowers and MJ still the #goat and the good ole Taipei 101 and #art and gambling and #food