This clean eating gets better and better everyday and it has become such a lifestyle that is so easy and truly I have learned so much and still continuing to learn so much more how different foods impact our health. One of the things that I love the most when we do the 30 day challenge is being creative in the kitchen and exploring and loving the new recipes that are delicious!! This is lentil pasta with grass fed ground beef cooked with chopped celery, carrots, onion, garlic- oh yes- lots of garlic and topped with sautéed baby kale that is cooked with the nutritional yeast seasoning and a bit of coconut oil.
Soo soo good!! Do you love garlic or do you not like garlic? how about this nutritional yeast seasoning?
Good to use it as a salt substitute cause it adds so much flavor to your food! .
Our kitchen may not be done, but that hasn't stopped us from cooking! 👩🏼🍳👨🏻🍳 After almost a week of burgers and steak, we revisited our vegetarian roots with our Lentil Pasta with Butternut Squash, Mushrooms, and Spinach recipe 🍠🥬 However, this time we used kale and it did not disappoint 😜 Excited to cook another fun dinner tonight, but even more excited to get the kitchen finished! For the recipe, visit our website and search "lentil pasta"!
Oh Yes! Instant Pot Pumpkin Chili. This recipe makes wonderful leftovers (if you have any). (📸:@flavorthemoments)
● 1 tablespoon (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
● 1 small onion, chopped
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 1/2 (22.5 mL) tablespoons chili powder
● 1 teaspoon (5 mL) smoked paprika
● 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cumin
● 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
● 1 cup corn (150 g), fresh or frozen
● 15 ounce (450 mL) can low sodium diced tomatoes
● 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
● 15 ounce (450 mL) can black beans, rinsed and drained
● (1) package Chickapea Pasta spirals
● 2 1/2 (600 mL) cups water
● salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
● optional toppings: avocado, scallions
1. Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and select 5 minutes, then add the olive oil. Once the oil has heated, add the chopped onion and cook for 3 minutes until slightly softened, then add the garlic and spices and sauté for 30 seconds.
2. Add the bell pepper and corn and sauté 1 minute longer.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, pumpkin, black beans, water, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
4. Cover the Instant Pot with the lid and select the Pressure button and set for 2 minutes cooking time at High Pressure. When the cooking time is up, turn the venting valve to quick release the pressure.
5. Remove the lid, stir the pasta and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
6. Serve topped with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Cybele’s Free to Eat gluten free pasta made from lentils, kale, broccoli, and spinach! I love this stuff. I get pasta with vegetables and because it has vegetables it contains fiber and 15 grams of protein😱I made enough to have two days worth of my own pasta stirfry. As you can see I added more kale and spinach garlic and onion. I use my cashew butter which is delicious.Cashew butter does contain fat but it contains different kind of fat than real butter made from milk. Enjoy your breakfast I know I’m going to enjoy mine.
My lunch was pretty damn basic. Lentil pasta with pesto & nutritional yeast, grapes and an apple. A tomato too. I don't care ...I do not like lentil pasta. Protein or not BLEH! It either tastes like it's undercooked or turns to mush. There is no in between. The pesto and nooch though were the best. Haha! #lunch#lowsodium#goodforyou#meal#yummy#lentilpasta
Having one of those “dang I’m good” moments with this VEGAN lemon tarragon pasta. It has peas, sautéed shallots, raw walnuts, homemade vegan lemon tarragon sauce and red lentil pasta from @traderjoes
Here’s how I made it:
In a blender, add the flesh of one steamed potato, 1 tsp dried tarragon, the juice of 1/2 of a lemon, 1/2 can of coconut milk and salt/pepper to taste. Blend until creamy and serve immediately. #vegandinnerideas#veggies#traderjoes#tarragon#healthypasta#lentilpasta#homemade#healthnut
How to get your protein from non-meat sources = lentil pasta! 🍝 15 min protein pasta bowl made with a homemade peanut sauce 🥜, broccoli🥦, snow peas🌱, bell pepper & @explorecuisine's Organic Red Lentil Penne made with red lentil + brown rice flour so naturally GF & has 11g of protein per 2 oz. serving. NEW recipe on nutritionbymia.com💚#plantprotein#lentilpasta#nutritionbymia
Swipe to see the final result 😱⭐️
One of my favourite meals to date. A completely plant based, protein packed pasta. This is using red lentil and green pasta:
🥬 roasted vegetables
🥑 sautéed greens, onions and garlic
🍆 vegan cheese made from almonds from @kindaco (the best I’ve found so far as the ingredients are so clean)
🍑 Broccoli sprouts
🍋 Squeeze of lemon and drizzle of olive oil
low key obsessed with pasta alternatives - I make chickpea / lentil / brown rice / quinoa pastas 3-4 times a week for dinner! they’re simple + quick to cook with a baby attached to your hip / boob 🙄 and they’re filled with nutrients + plant protein which I love since I don’t consume meat anymore. -
for this dish we used @ancientharvest red lentil rotini and added some blistered tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, wilted kale + crumbled @woodstockfoods organic firm tofu with nutritional yeast + lemon. cooked all in organic olive oil and seasoned with @simplyorganicfoods garlic + onion powder, pink salt + a dash of lemon pepper! -
don’t have an exact recipe as I just kind of threw everything together but the outcome was AMAZING! sometimes I find it best to just throw things you have together + continue to taste as you go until you have a desired flavor 🙌🏻 happy Sunday my loves!
Mushrooms, onion, kale, garlic and asparagus sautéed in coconut oil with smoked paprika + turmeric, baked tempeh, @peaceloveandvegetables cashew cheese and @kehoeskitchen sauerkraut, served with @sanremopasta red lentil pasta. Protein, good carbs, healthy fats and some bonus probiotics. I also add lemon juice to basically every meal to help with digestion. Particularly with dark leafy greens it can help with the absorption of iron - one of the most common nutrient deficiencies 🥦🥒🍋
Here’s my Kind of Puttanesca soup recipe.
1/2 sliced red onion
2-3 garlic cloves chopped
2-3 sliced celery branches
1 sliced zucchini
227g Bentilia pasta
Sliced black olives
Spices (basil, oregano) salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook garlic and onion with oil in a large saucepan
2.Add zuchinni and celery and cook 2-3 minutes
3. Add vegetable broth, diced tomato and bring to a boil
4. Add Bentilia pasta, olives, spices, salt and pepper.
5.Cook it 8 to 10 minutes and you’re done!
‘Pasta’ has pretty much become a dirty word when we think of ‘healthy’ foods-swipe left to check out these gluten free pasta options that I love to eat occasionally (1st pic is @barillaus lentil flour pasta, 2nd pic is a rice based gluten free angel hair). There’s this inordinate amount of fear around carbs, as there used to be around saturated fats-and we know how that worked out! 🍝 Carbs are a concentrated, energy packed fuel our bodies love to use-nothing to inherently fear. 🛑 But......Carbs become a problem only if we consume excessive amounts (which can be pretty easy to do), especially in the form of grains, and processed foods, and/or we consume varieties of grain that are just not compatible with our body (I.e. wheat, corn). I love having some pasta occasionally and I choose varieties that work well with my body. 🔑 The key to unlocking what your optimal diet may be, is to really listen to how your body feels and responds to food and not assume that whatever the fad diet of the day is, or what someone else is doing, is going to necessarily work for you. And realize that strict adherence is not necessary for great health (unless there is a significant sensitivity or allergy). 🍝 #gluten free pasta #passthecarbs#carbsnotcandy#lentilpasta#ricepasta#eatforyourbody#carbscarbscarbs#fatasandcarbsandrockandroll
Hice pasta de lentejas rojas con atún y pesto acompañada de una ensalada con rucola y espinaca. Usé albahaca fresca y levadura nutricional, luego me di cuenta que la levadira no aportaba casi nada de sabor y le puse queso de cabra. Quedó deliciosa, este plato me hizo muy feliz.
Noten como no se me da porcionar la pasta. Hice mucha por error y ponerla en el refri no era una opción así que estoy bastante llena 😅
I made red lentil pasta with tuna and pesto for lunch with a ruccola and spinach salad. I put some fresh basil leaves on top and nutritional yeast. Then I realised the yeast didn't add too much flavour and I grated some goat cheese. It was amazing, this dish truly made me happy.
Also, notice how I don't know how to portionate pasta. I made too much by mistake and putting it in the fridge was not an option so, I'm pretty full 😅
Quick poll: Do you like eggplant? It seems to be one of those things that are hit/miss with people. Whether they like it or not, we think you can serve them this SUPER EASY Chickapea Pasta with Creamy Roasted Eggplant Sauce and they will LOVE IT! (📸: @rhubarbariansblog)
● 1 8oz box Chickapea pasta spirals
● 1 medium eggplant, top cut off
● 2 large tomatoes
● 3 large garlic cloves, or 1/4 head of garlic
● 1/2 a yellow onion
● 3 Tbsp olive oil
● 1/2 tsp dried basil
● 1/2 tsp dried thyme
● 1/2 tsp kosher salt
● 1/4 tsp pepper
● 1/2 cup walnuts
● Fresh basil, chopped walnuts, olive oil, parmesan cheese for serving.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional for easy clean up). Whole roast the eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, and onion on the sheet pan for 45 minutes, or until everything is nice and soft. Remove from oven and let cool until ready to handle with your hands.
2. When the vegetables are almost roasted, place a pot of water to boil on the stove for the pasta. Cook for 5-9 minutes or until desired tenderness. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain.
3. Peel the tomatoes, onion, and eggplant (you may need help from a knife for the eggplant), and remove the garlic cloves from their skin. Place in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the olive oil, dried basil, thyme, salt, pepper, and walnuts. Puree until smooth.
4. Return the pasta to the pan and add as much of the pasta sauce as you'd like to your pasta. You will probably have more sauce than you need. Stir to combine and add pasta water as needed to fully combine the sauce with the pasta.
5. To serve, top with fresh basil, chopped walnuts, parmesan cheese (optional), and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!#plantprotein#chickpeapasta#lentilpasta#organicpasta#plantbasedpasta#healthypasta#nongmo#eatclean#healthyrecipes#healthyeats#healthyeating#healthydinner#healthyfood#organicfood#foodstagram#foodie#foodierecipes#foodprep#mealprep#mealplanning#glutenfree#plantbaseddiet#healthyliving#healthylifestyle#health
Eat Pasta run Fasta 😜🍝
Honestly I actually had this meal ages ago and it’s been sitting in my drafts but from what I can remember it was delicious 😋. I find that pasta and spaghetti is a great way of fueling me and gives me lots of energy. I especially love wholewheat and lentil pasta, which this meal was actually a mix of. Lentil pasta is a great source of protein and it tastes very good!! You can find it in most supermarkets now a days. 🍝🥰
I’ve been doing some revision this morning at pret and also made some muffins (which turned out to be very yummy, I am amazing at not measuring or following any recipe but coming up with a bomb muffin 😂) I’ve not got much to do today except for training this evening. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your Easter break if you live in England .
I hope to be posting more regularly now! ❤️#vegan#veganmeal#veganfood#veganpasta#plantbased#healthy#veganlunch#lunch#instagram#veganteen#yummy#delicious#lentilpasta#protein#plantprotein#eattherainbow#dinnerideas#lunchideas
Craving carbs like it’s my JOB today🍝
Also- one of the those days where I really need to get to the grocery store ASAP and things are starting to go bad so dinner turns into a random AF combo.
@traderjoes red lentil pasta (for some protein + fiber) with sautéed garlic, onions, pepper, spinach, & frozen @traderjoes broccoli cooked in the microwave. I also cooked up some @beyondmeat grilled chicken strips for additional protein.
Topped with some @thejerseytomatoco sauce found @sprouts and I just had to buy🍅🍅
Throw it all in a bowl and top with some parm and you have a quick veg friendly dinner for that carb lover🙋🏼♀️🙋🏼♀️🙋🏼♀️