Happy Monday ✨ Cold season is coming to Sydney ❄️ here’s my top list of foods to eat when sick.
What to eat when you are sick 🤒🍯🍵🌶
• Chicken soup has been recommended as a remedy for the common cold for hundreds of years. It's an easy-to-eat source of vitamins, minerals, calories and protein, which are nutrients your body needs in larger quantities while you're sick. Chicken soup is also an excellent source of fluids and electrolytes, both of which are necessary for hydration.
• Garlic provides many health benefits. It has demonstrated antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties and it can also stimulate the immune system.
• Hot tea acts as a natural decongestant, helping clear the sinuses of mucus. Sipping on tea throughout the day is a great way to hydrated while relieving congestion at the same time.
• Honey has a potent antimicrobial effect. Some evidence suggests that honey can also stimulate the immune system.
• Ginger is known for its anti-nausea effect, but it has also demonstrated antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
• Spicy foods causes a runny nose, breaking up mucus and clearing out the sinus passages. Capsaicin does seem to thin out mucus, making it easier to expel.
iCFTS THE CUISINE
“Cheffed” by Simone Reale
Dish of the Day 190520
Insalata di salmone e asparagi
#dod#dishoftheday#crossfit#crossfittheshelter#mangiarbene#food#salmone#asparagi#insalata • 1 trancio da 700 g di salmone
• 1/2 bicchiere di vino bianco secco
• 650 g di asparagi verdi
• 150 g di valeriana
• 150 g di scarola
• 8 ravanelli
• 1 limone non trattato
• qualche filo di erba cipollina fresca
• olio extravergine di oliva
• pepe nero