Real talk time:
There are things in our lives that touch us so deeply that upon the loss of that thing, there is a void left that cannot always be filled. I don't have many close people in my life where I'm chronically ill, so my dogs are a huge part of my life. And the loss of 3 in 18 mths was devastating. Especially the sudden loss of one and not being able to do anything about it. Over one year later, I still can't think about that one.
I have 3 babies now that I am obsessed with and so worried to lose. I don't like getting attached to things enough that would hurt me if I lost them...I've had that happen over and over again since I was small. So while my puppies keep me going and give me the love I need, I hate to need them that much. I guess I just hate the thought of things going away. It's an innate fear that I can never shake since it keeps happening. Things break, things pass, health goes bad, people leave... all taking chunks of you with it.
So today is hard. Today, I am sad and tore up after looking at other dogs. I am strong, but I have holes and patches that will never be whole.
Yet I continue to love with wild abandon, against my brain telling me to distance myself. Because what is life without love so deep it breaks you?
Ps u can see my babies @theboston.files
@urbandecaycosmetics Ransom liner
@patmcgrathreal Bronze temptation lust gloss &
La vie en rose palette
@thebalm Mary-Lou Manizer
@katvondbeauty shade + light duo
I didn't actually mean to do a dramatic neutral eye today. Saturdays are usually a lazy makeup day for me. But, then I messed up my eyeliner, and one thing led to another...so I had to compensate for the overly winged liner mess. Sometimes you just have to roll with it.
Also...LOVING the Pat McGrath Labs FetishEyes mascara.
6. Mothership V: Bronze Seduction - This review is going to be harsh. I was so disappointed with this palette, and thankfully bought it with my Sephora points and only ended up paying $26 or so for this. This has the worst shimmer formula of them all, there is so much fallout for the special and shimmer shades. The shimmer shades are especially bad in this one - it is just chunky glitter pressed with a base. It looks terrible on, creating texture that ages my eyes. It swatches beautifully but application is not good. It’s not worth $125, and felt like the brand was skating on success of its other palettes and downgraded its quality here. The special shades here are not special enough to get this - I’ve been seeing indie brands sell loose eyeshadow that looks very similar to them so just grab those instead. #patmcgrathlabs#patmcgrath#patmcgrathmothership#eyeshadowpalette
4. MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Ambition: A solid neutral palette with easy to use shades. My gripe with this palette is that there are two shades that look almost exactly the same, and in a 6-pan at $55, this is unacceptable. I kinda wish I hadn’t bought this, I ended up giving it to my mom who could get more use of this. I think I just wanted to try a mini palette and the range was quite limited at the time I bought it. Definitely a regret. #patmcgrath#patmcgrathlabs#mthrshp#eyeshadowpalette
Mothership IV: Decadence - This formula is a bit similar to the MTHRSHP formula, each shadow is creamy and very easy to work with. Although an all shimmer palette, the shades can be buffed out into the crease or paired with any other neutral palette. I really liked the color story of this too, and the shadows are excellent. No one talks about this anymore, presumably because it’s been discontinued. If you have this, you’ll find some of the shades repeated in the mini holiday releases (the gold and the silver). I don’t use this very often because I find the larger palettes kind of heavy and impractical for everyday use. The mirror does not serve its intended function for me, the beveled edge reduces its practicality. I always use a larger mirror. It is gorgeous though, but I would not pay full price again and would’ve waited for a 20% off or something. #patmcgrath#patmcgrathlabs#patmcgrathmothership#eyeshadowpalette#unpopularopinions
2. Mothership III: Subversive - stunning variety of cool shades with a very unique color story. All the colors work together, and the special shades pop quite well. The only large palette I would recommend at the $125 price tag. This palette can be difficult to work with, and the shimmers need a glitter primer, however, it is well worth the effort. I started to think of color differently thanks to this.
5. Mothership III: Sublime - I got these three palettes for $255, so I’m very glad I did not pay full price for this. The mattes and the special shades are nice, but the shimmers are not good. They are reminiscent of shimmer shadows from 5 years ago. I don’t enjoy them and hardly reach for this palette. I do love the special shades, but they are difficult to apply and, even with a glitter primer, I experience a lot of fallout and general glitter travel across my face. I do not recommend at full price, but perhaps for $60-$70.
7. Mothership I: Subliminal - I wish this colorstory worked on my skin tone, I cannot escape looking like I got punched in the eye. The shimmer shades in this don’t have enough dimension to work on my skin, although the special shades are quite nice. I wish they had gone with better taupes, perhaps some interesting duochromes. This is my least used palette, and definitely not worth $125 for the shades included. #patmcgrathlabs#patmcgrathmothership#patmcgrath#eyeshadowpalette
1. MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Temptation - gorgeous warm shades with variety and dimension. This is worth the $55 price tag. I get day and night looks with this, and all the shadows are very easy to use. The shades in this are truly unique, I can’t find dupes in my large eyeshadow collection. This is my first recommendation for this price range, and I would recommend even for a beginner and a neutral person who wants to try color. #patmcgrath#patmcgrathlabs#patmcgrathreal#eyeshadowpalette#makeupreviews